Children & Teen Services
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a new library partnership program with Georgia Public Library Services that encourages all families to read 1000 books with their young children before they enter kindergarten. Studies have shown that families who start reading aloud to their children at birth help to strengthen their language skills and build their vocabulary, important tools for learning to read when they enter kindergarten. Participants can keep track of the books they read using Beanstack.
Each library branch offers a variety of onsite storytime programs. Please check the website calendar or our social media pages for updated storytime dates and times.
- Cave Spring Together Time is held on Mondays at 4pm
- Stories in the Park is held the first Monday of each month
- Preschool Storytime is held every Thursday at 10am
- SenseSational Storytime is held once a month. Check our calendar for dates and times
- Chattooga Preschool Storytime is held every Thursday at 11am
- Rome-Floyd County StoryTime is held on Tuesdays at 11am
- Rockmart Storytime is held on Mondays at 11am.
- Trion Preschool Storytime is held on Wednesdays at 11am
Homeschool Hangout programs are offered at our Chattooga and Rockmart Library branches on a weekly or bi-monthly basis. Attendees complete passive activities under the direction of library staff.
- Chattooga Homeschool Hangout meets on Thursdays at 11am
- Rockmart Homeschool Hangout meets on Fridays on a bi-monthly basis at 11am. Please see the website calendar for dates and times.
Our libraries welcome teens and offer a variety of teen programs throughout the month. Programs typically consist of crafts, board games, movies, trivia, and more. While teen programs vary by branch location, the dates and times can be found on our calendar.