Explore your creative side! Several of our branches offer crochet and knitting programs. Gather to work on your current project and have a fun time with fellow needlework fanatics! Call your library or check our calendar for meeting dates.
- Cave Spring: Needlework Club meets bi-weekly on Thursdays at 2pm
- Rome-Floyd County: Needleworks Club meets on the second Wednesday of every month from 10am-12pm.
- Trion: Knitter’s Club meets bi-weekly on Fridays at 10am
Book Clubs are currently offered at the Chattooga Public Library and Rome-Floyd County Library. Call your library or check our calendar for meeting dates and to find out which books will be discussed.
- Chattooga Public Library Adult Book Club – Meeting times vary. Call the branch at 706-857-2553 for more information.
- Rome-Floyd County’s “Truth is Stranger Than Fiction” Nonfiction Book Club meets at 5pm on the fourth Thursday of every month.
Computer and Technology Assistance
Our Cedartown, Rockmart, and Rome-Floyd County branches offer a variety of internet and email classes and one-on-one technology tutoring. All branches offer basic help with computers and personal technology devices, and access to online computer training courses.
- Computer Class: offered at 11am on the second Wednesday of each month
- Computer Class: offered bi-monthly. Check the calendar for exact dates.
- Rome-Floyd County
- Computer Class: offered twice a month.
Leaders Build Leaders
Rockmart Public Library, in partnership with the Polk County Chamber of Commerce, offers “Leaders Build Leaders: A Small Business Mentorship Program.” Sessions are free and occur once a month. This program is designed to help budding and experienced entrepreneurs, and features a series of presentations designed to answer the hard questions for you, so you can concentrate on what you do best: building your business! Topics for each session can be found on our calendar.
The Chattooga Public Library offers a Geri-Fit® program Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am. Geri-Fit® is a tier III (highest level) evidence-based health promotion program and chronic disease self-management support program. Designed exclusively for older adults, Geri-Fit® helps rebuild strength that’s been lost through the aging process to help ensure a higher level of function as older adults continue to age. Contact the Chattooga Public Library at 706-867-2553 to inquire about sign up.
Our libraries offer special craft days, financial literacy presentations, author visits, trivia nights, and more. Check our calendar for information about our programs that are not listed on this page or contact your local branch.